Halifax in 7 days or more!
Add any of the following ideas to the 5 day itinerary to round out your visit:
Photo: Devin McLean Photography
- See the city from two wheels with an I Heart Bikes bike rental or tour.
- Go on a historic tour with Halifax Tour Guys and visit the Halifax Citadel Hill, Public Gardens, Flemming Park, Point Pleasant Park,Titanic Burial Site and learn history about the Halifax Explosion, War 1812 and so much more!
- Play a round of golf at Fox Harb’r, Glen Arbour, or Granite Springs golf courses.
- Visit the Hydrostone Market and the funky shops and eateries in Halifax’s North End.
- Sip and savour the best Nova Scotian wineries on a Go North or Grape Escapes winery tour departing from Halifax.
- Venture out on a deep sea fishing or whale watching excursion with Murphy’s the Cable Wharf Charter Boats departing from Halifax.
- Breathe the salt air and taste some outstanding seafood from Fisherman’s Cove in Eastern Passage.
- Take a trip back in time to a typical 1940s rural Nova Scotia Village and enjoy “cookhouse chow” when you visit Memory Lane Heritage Village in Lake Charlotte on the Eastern Shore.
- Get an adrenaline rush riding the world’s highest tides on a Tidal Bore Rafting excursion.
- Take in one of the many marquee Halifax festivals and events happening throughout the year.
- Gallery hop from Seeds and the Mary E. Black galleries at the Halifax Seaport, to Viewpoint Gallery, Argyle Fine Art, The Khyber Institute of Contemporary Arts and the galleries at Dalhousie and Saint Mary’s Universities.
- Learn the history and heritage of one of Nova Scotia’s four founding cultures at the Black Cultural Centre and The Africville Museum.