As Atlantic Canada’s entertainment and cultural capital, Halifax is a melding of old and new worlds. Modern office towers of glass and steel stand beside historic buildings that once stored the booty of privateers. Located on the second largest natural harbour in the world, life here revolves around the sea and the surrounding areas offer plenty of fun activities on land, water and in the air……one of life’s few places where you can enjoy urban flair and coastal retreats all in the same day! Halifax truly is a vibrant urban centre resting on the edge of nature.
Not To Be Missed Experiences
- Celebrate the rich history and culture of Nova Scotia’s Black Community at the Black Cultural Centre for Nova Scotia
- Cross the harbour and 20 minutes from the city’s core you’ll arrive at a 200 year old restored fishing village at Fisherman’s Cove
- Head to St. Margaret’s Bay and paddle the area’s coastline with its unspoiled islands, secluded coves and abundant wildlife
- In the Peggy’s Cove coastal region, discover history in its natural setting along the coastal heritage trail – a “Museum Without Borders”
- Shop ‘til you drop in some of our coolest neighbourhoods; Spring Garden Road, The Hydrostone, Dartmouth’s Portland Street
Additional information, itineraries and a passion to serve is just a key stroke away: