You haven't seen the Halifax Harbour until you've seen it from both sides.
Find out where to eat, what to do, how to get there and so much more.
Fill out your own highlights and post them to the Destination Halifax facebook page to share your favourite way to #DISCOVERDARTMOUTH.
To find out more about the businesses mentioned here and more, check out the directory of Downtown Dartmouth businesses.
DID YOU KNOW:
- The original ferry vessel used was a large rowboat with a sail
- At one time, the ferry was operated using horses to power a wheel
- The Harbour Ferry is the oldest, continuous, salt-water passenger ferry service in North America
DID YOU KNOW:
- An average of approximately 105,000 vehicles cross the Macdonald and MacKay Bridges on an average weekday
- In 2013, the Halifax Harbour Bridges hit 33.2 million traffic crossings
Anchored by King’s Wharf on the Dartmouth side, the Harbour Water Taxi is a fast, safe and fun method of travel in the way we’ve always done it here in Nova Scotia – by sea.
Whether you are commuting to work, meeting friends for a day of shopping or planning an evening on the town, the Harbour Water Taxi will get you there in style, comfort and ease.
Don't take our word for it!
Check out these awesome Dartmouth Blog Posts:
No Halifax vacation is complete without a stop at AT LEAST one of these 10 AWESOME and NEW things to do in Downtown Dartmouth (see PART 2 of this post for 10 more things to do in Downtown Dartmouth)
You're not going to want to miss these incredible eateries: 15 Amazing Restaurants To Try In Dartmouth
And of course, don't miss these 4 places you NEED to check out in Dartmouth
Need a little retail therapy? Find out where to go Shopping and Exploring in Downtown Dartmouth!