Best of SPRING in Halifax
Spring is coming our way and we know just how to enjoy the very BEST of Halifax as the weather warms!
10 Can't-Miss Spring Events in Halifax
March Break Activities in Halifax, March 2017
- Halifax Burger Week, March 23-29, 2017
- Bill & Joel Plaskett live in Halifax, April 20, 2017
- Ha!ifax ComedyFest, April 26-29, 2017
- Stars on Ice, April 28, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters at the Scotiabank Centre, April 29, 2017
- Nova Scotia Craft Beer Week, May 5-14, 2017
- Scotiabank Blue Nose Marathon, May 19-21, 2017
- Riverdance - 20th Anniversary World Tour, May 26-28, 2017
- East Coast Cider Festival, May 27, 2017
Can't get enough? Want to plan for all seasons? Check out more festivals and events in the Halifax region >>
7 of our favourite places to get fresh local food and drink in the spring:
1. Coastal Cafe - Check out this local favourite on a weekend morning for incredible, high-quality, delicious food and coffee.
2. EDNA - Head over to Gottingen Street for an award-winning meal at EDNA. If you're heading over for brunch, go early, there's usually a line up (but free coffee is available)!
3. Eliot & Vine - Seasonal food and drinks are always on the menu and this European-inspired North End restaurant.
4. Highwayman Restaurant & Bar - This new downtown restaurant serves up spanish-inspired dishes and specializes in the highest quality beverages they can get their hands on.
5. Battery Park - Take advantage of the warmer weather and hop on the ferry to Dartmouth to try this new beer bar & eatery!
6. Agricola Street Brasserie - An urban restaurant and bar serving French inspired seasonal home-style cooking with robust earthy dishes, and slow–cooked food in a warm, neighbourhood setting.
7. EnVie, A Vegan Kitchen - Where better to find fresh seasonal meals for any dietary needs than at one of Halifax’s hippest restaurants, with a menu updated especially for spring!
For more tips on where to eat in Halifax this spring, check out what the locals are saying:
10 Ways to Experience the Best of Halifax This Spring
2. Opening on April 14, 2017, Academy Award nominees Sally Hawkins and Ethan Hawke star in Maudie, a dramatization of the true life story of Nova Scotian folk artist, Maud Lewis.
Not only can you see the film this spring, but you can see Maud Lewis's house and collected works at the Maud Lewis Gallery at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia.
3. April showers won't get you down when you can visit the brand new Discovery Centre, located right on the Halifax waterfront!
5. Rent bikes at I Heart Bikes on the Halifax waterfront boardwalk and enjoy the fresh air and sea breeze as you cycle around downtown Halifax.
6. Enjoy fresh spring produce at any one of the Halifax region's farmers' markets.
7. See the flowers blooming in the Halifax Public Gardens, located right in the downtown core!
8. On those classic rainy spring days, check out The Boardroom Game Café in downtown Halifax. For only $5 per person, play unlimited board games. Bar and food menu available on site.
9. Try one of Halifax’s escape room games! Either take the whole family and play is a group or join forces with another team and make some new friends!
10. Get out and go hiking! Did you know that you can enjoy plenty of scenery and hiking trails, just minutes from Halifax's downtown core? Enjoy the outdoors after winter's cabin fever has taken its toll on your sanity!
Need more springtime inspiration? Visit the Halifax Sociable blog for ideas!
5 Reasons to Love Spring in Halifax >>
5 Urban Gardens to Visit This Spring >>
12 Amazing Festivals To Look Forward To In Nova Scotia This Spring >>
10 Road Trip Destinations to Explore Nova Scotia This Spring >>